"Now therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone."
Through this foundation of the apostles and prophets flow the Holy Scripture and all doctrine bringing forth a strong, Holy Spirit-filled, spiritual building which is the body of our Lord Jesus Christ with Him being the Corner Stone and a part of this united gift.
The Southern Diocese's "Questions & Answers" Web site has been designed to help you become that strong, Holy Spirit-filled, spiritual building. Therefore, any questions concerning spiritual struggles and spiritual issues such as repentance, prayer, fasting, and participation in the sacramental life of the church are for this website to provide help with.
"O Gracious Master, infuse in our hearts the spotless light of Thy Divine Wisdom and open the eyes of our mind that we may understand the teachings of Thy Gospels."
If you have a question for the Southern Diocese, please click
here to submit it.
5 Most Recently Added Questions
- Where do people go when they have passed away? Can we say they are in heaven? Are all the righteous and ungodly people in the same place after their passing? What happens to the soul when one departs from this earth (before the Second Coming)? (Added 07/31/2020)
- Why does it matter if you confess to a priest instead of directly to God even when you feel remorse for your sins and confess to someone else? St. Moses the Strong never confessed to a priest, bishop, or anyone of that sort, but instead he confessed to an entire group of people. Explain why the priests and bishops act on behalf of God, and you cannot confess your sins straight to God. (Added 07/31/2020)
- My friend is Coptic Orthodox. He thinks that going to a theme park is a waste of time and money. I offered him a free ticket to come with me to the theme park. He says that the money that is spent on tickets should be better used donated, even though this particular place has many charity events, scholarships, job opportunities, etc. What should I tell him to convince him to join me? (Added 07/31/2020)
- I go to an Oriental Orthodox Church. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic there has been an uprise of arguments going on in my church relating to the disagreement of wearing masks inside the church. My church requires all members to wear a mask when entering the building and our priests and deacons are also wearing masks. With that being said, many people are angry that our priest is wearing a mask at the altar in the presence of the Holiness. Members say that if one has true faith in God, He will protect us in His house. In addition, they mention that when the sick visit the church, this is their remedy, not a place to be fearful of a virus. I have been saddened by this situation because it seems as if everyone is going against each other and I do not know how to feel about this coming from an Orthodox perspective or even biblical. What does God want us to do in this case? Is it wrong for a priest to wear a mask inside the altar while preparing the Holy Communion in fear of a virus? (Added 07/31/2020)
- If I lost my virginity at a young age, after I confess to my confession father, what will he make me do and will I be able to regain it? If so, will I be able to wear the virginity cloak for my wedding? (Added 07/31/2020)
3 Most Popular Questions