I hope you can advise me while I am in school. As of now, I have transferred into a pharmacy school and it is very rigorous. I need to have a GPA of 3.0 for the current semester in order to progress throughout this school. I transferred into the school, so I start with 0. Up until now, I have been having a hard time to keep up my grades. My issue is that I have a hard time trying to manage my time with every class. I know how to study, but the issue is when. I even have a hard time trying to attend church on Friday when we have our youth meeting.
Time management requires examining the following about yourself and developing consistent strategies:
- Prayer: Begin your studies with a brief prayer.
- Determination - You must be determined to succeed.
- Effort - Don't just depend on your intelligence.
- Procrastination - You must study and review daily in order to learn, retain, and recall a lot of new information.
- Stamina - How much can you endure at one time?
- Structure - Develop a system that works for you ... e.g., 2 hours studying 15 minute break, etc.
- Location - What circumstances produce your most and best study habits and what doesn't?
- Feedback - Learn from your mistakes.
- Achievers - Study or spend time with other high achievers.
- Setbacks - Do not give up easily.
If you cannot attend your youth meeting weekly, try to attend biweekly or even monthly. As much as possible, try to keep your Sunday mornings for the Lord so you may attend church and partake of Holy Communion. The result will be a great blessing for you throughout the week.