I am going through some difficulties in my life, how can I keep my peace?
Please let me share with you some thoughts about the gift of peace:
- In the world we should expect sufferings and tribulations but this is one face of the coin, the other face is that sorrow shall be turned into joy. "Verily, verily, I say unto you, that ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy" (John 16:20).
- I know that you are praying, and I am glad that you are doing this because prayer is the way to joy and peace. "Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full" (John 16:24).
- The Father loves you "For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God" (John 16:27). Because of His love, He gives us all what we need "He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?" (Romans 8:32)
- The Son overcame the world for our sake so we don't need to worry but to be of good cheer "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world" (John 16:33).
- The Holy Spirit comforts us during our difficult times "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid" (John 14:26,27).