Does the church know about www.copticmatch.com? Is it approved by Your Grace?
This is not approved by the Diocese for many reasons:
- There is no mention on the website as to who is responsible for it. It is not a certain church or a diocese or an organization that identifies itself.
- They claim they have to collect subscription fee to cover the expense so it is not a free service. Usually churches do not charge for their services.
- There is no guarantee that the information posted is reliable. In their terms and conditions they state clearly, "We cannot guarantee that each Member is at least the required minimum age, nor do we accept responsibility or liability for any content, communication or other use or access of the Site by persons under the age of 18 in violation of these Terms." As a Member, you agree that: You are solely responsible for the content or information you display on the CopticMatch service, or transmit to other CopticMatch Members. This also means that they have no proof that those members are really Coptic in the first place.
- They also do expect some profanity or disputes to occur and they release themselves from any liability.
- Putting your picture on the internet may give the wrong impression.
- Because of all of this unreliable information one does not feel comfortable nor safe using such a website. There are many instances which reveal disturbing outcomes resulting from such misleading ways of communication.
- There are so many other better ways and places to meet young Christians who are looking for a serious relationship than starting with a picture and some unreliable information.