I would like to know your view about internet dating and a Coptic match website, designed for people to meet single Coptic men and women.
Not everything that has the word 'Coptic' in its title is approved by the Church. This website is not affiliated with the Church and it could be deceiving as any other similar website. You have to be aware of the following:
- This website does not mention who is responsible for it. It is not sponsored by any obvious church or a diocese or an organization.
- It is not a free service service because they intend to collect subscription fee to cover the expenses. Churches usually would not charge for their web services.
- There is no guarantee about the reliability of the information posted. In their terms and conditions they state clearly, "We cannot guarantee that each member is at least the required minimum age, nor do we accept responsibility or liability for any content, communication or other use or access of the Site by persons under the age of 18 in violation of these Terms." As a member, you agree that you are solely responsible for the content or information you display on the Coptic Match service, or transmit to other Coptic Match members. This also means that they have no proof that those members are really Coptic in the first place.
- They also do expect some profanity or disputes to occur and they release themselves from any liability.
- Putting your picture on the internet may give the wrong impression.
- Because of all of this unreliable information, one may find himself/herself in a very dangerous position. There are many studies which reveal disturbing situations resulting from such misleading ways of communication.
- There are so many other ways and places to meet young Christians who are looking for a serious relationship better than starting with a picture and some unreliable information.