"Now therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone."
Through this foundation of the apostles and prophets flow the Holy Scripture and all doctrine bringing forth a strong, Holy Spirit-filled, spiritual building which is the body of our Lord Jesus Christ with Him being the Corner Stone and a part of this united gift.
The Southern Diocese's "Questions & Answers" Web site has been designed to help you become that strong, Holy Spirit-filled, spiritual building. Therefore, any questions concerning spiritual struggles and spiritual issues such as repentance, prayer, fasting, and participation in the sacramental life of the church are for this website to provide help with.
"O Gracious Master, infuse in our hearts the spotless light of Thy Divine Wisdom and open the eyes of our mind that we may understand the teachings of Thy Gospels."
If you have a question for the Southern Diocese, please click
here to submit it.
5 Most Recently Added Questions
- Why do we sing the hymn “Niethnos teero” during the reception of priests? (Added 05/31/2018)
- What do the words of the hymn “Nicavev” in the presence of a bishop or pope signify? (Added 05/31/2018)
- I serve many kids that insist on playing hours and hours of video games, claiming it is “fun” and “they are not bad video games.” They often play soccer video games, etc. What is the best way to convince them to avoid many hours of playing from a biblical perspective? (Saying it wastes time does not get across to them) (Added 05/31/2018)
- I am truly struggling with Love and BEARING WITH MY PARENTS. I am the worst kid ever by not following the commandments, but my parents always discourage me so much to the point that I lose hope (which is the state I am in right now). I felt God trying to work within me but I departed from Him and continued with my frustration. Right now, I do not feel God anymore and I have all these mixed feelings ranging from never serving at church again to other great negative thoughts. I really want peace and to be able to have the love, humility, and patience of the Lord. What shall I do? I truly feel lonely with no help and with no friends to talk to. Please answer. (Added 05/31/2018)
- My question is regarding the “Gift of prophecy,” not so much in the sense of clairvoyance or future telling, but rather, the “whistle blowing” and correcting the wrong.
I believe that God has given me that gift, as I have lost many friends as a result of it and I do not fear being shunned or side-lined as a result of it... but I believe that it should also come with responsibility to develop it and grow it in humility and in the spirit of love. Can you offer some advice as to how I can practice it, keep it under control, and use it for the glory of God and admonition of His church? Any books or sermons perhaps that you can recommend? Any information would be highly appreciated. (Added 05/31/2018)
3 Most Popular Questions