There are 10 questions in this category.|
- Apart from the similarities, what are the major differences that exist between the Catholic Church and the Coptic Orthodox church?
- Baptized in the Catholic Church, I am now interested in the Coptic faith and would like to get to know about the differences between the two. Could you please tell me where to find information on this subject?
- Does the Coptic Church believe in circumcision, Purgatory, or the Immaculate Conception?
- Does the the Coptic Orthodox Church believe that the Theotokos committed personal sin during her lifetime? Also, was there ever a moment in her life when she was not filled with the Holy Ghost?
How does Oriental Orthodoxy recognize the Catholic Mysteries, especially Eucharist and Apostolic Succession.? Are Catholic Mysteries (i.e. Sacraments) considered to be "valid"? Would a convert to the Coptic Church have to be re-baptized?
- In www.geocities.com/mgocsmbvli/orth_cath.htm Fr. Michael Azkhoul states "Roman Catholicism teaches that human reason can prove that God is; and, even infer that He is eternal, infinite, good, bodiless, almighty, all-knowing, etc. He is "most real being," "true being." Humans are like Him (analogous), but we are imperfect being." Does this imply that Orthodoxy does not teach likewise?
See the Biblical verses:
Would you say this is a problem for me as an Orthodox Christian to believe that human reason can prove that God is and that human reason is very reliable in proving what is true and what is false?
- "Come now, and let us reason together..." (Isa 1:18).
- "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Heb 11:1).
- "For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse" (Rom 1:20).
- Also, God created us with human reason. It is part of His image in us.
"So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them" (Gen 1:27).
- "and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him" (Col 3:10).
- Is "indulgences" the only difference between Orthodoxy and Catholicism?
- What are some differences between a Coptic Orthodox Christian and a Catholic?
- What are the differences between the Coptic Orthodox Church and the Roman Catholic Church?
- What are the important basic points understandable to American kids that I should cover in making a comparison between the Coptic and Catholic church?
- What is the difference between the Coptic Catholic and Coptic Orthodox churches?