Interesting Holy Bible Facts
"First" Questions and Answers
- What is the first promise God made to man?
- When did God first give man permission to eat meat? On what condition?
- Who is the first person mentioned in the Holy Bible to have been taken captive?
- Who is the first person mentioned by the Holy Bible as being successful? What was the cause of the success?
- Who was to have the first vision of angels?
- Who is the first angel mentioned in the Holy Bible?
- Who was the first person to have dreams come to pass?
- To whom was given the first revelation of God?
- Who is the first person in the Holy Bible that did well to those who offended him?
- When was laughter first mentioned in the Holy Bible?
- The first promise God made to man was that the offspring of the woman would bruise the head of the serpent (Genesis 3:15).
- The first time God gave man permission to eat meat was after Noah's ark rested. The condition was that man would not eat meat with its blood (Genesis 9:3-4).
- The first person in the Holy Bible to have been taken captive was Lot when Sodom was taken (Genesis 14:12-14).
- The first person the Holy Bible says was successful is Joseph the Righteous and the reason is that God was with him (Genesis 39:2).
- The first angelic revelation was when the angel of the Lord appeared to Hagar (Genesis 16:7).
- The first angel mentioned in the Holy Bible was one of the cherubim and his job was to guard the tree of life (Genesis 3:24).
- The first person to have dreams that came true was Joseph the Righteous (Genesis 37).
- The first revelation of God was when God appeared to Adam (Genesis 3) and the second was when He appeared to Abram (Genesis 15).
- The first person to do good to those who offended him was Joseph the Righteous who did well to his brothers (Genesis 45).
- The first time laughter was mentioned in the Holy Bible was when Sarah laughed in her heart when she heard that she would get a son in her old age (Genesis 18:12).
(Excerpts from “Quizzes on the Holy Bible” written by His Holiness Pope Shenouda III)
This book "Quizzes on the Holy Bible" is highly recommended for gaining Biblical knowledge and spiritual enlightenment. In this book you will find 366 questions from the Holy Bible and their answers. I would like to encourage all those whom give gifts for occasions in the lives of others that a adding to another’s Coptic library is a lasting treasure. This is a great resource for family gatherings, while traveling with children, Sunday School contests and Church retreats.