Reading Recommended by His Grace
The Apostles Fast and Feast
13th day of the blessed month of Paone – 5th day of the blessed month of Epep
In the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, One God, Amen.
The reading recommended for the Apostles Fast and Feast is, "Coptic Orthodox Church My Faith", written by His Holiness Pope Tawadros II.
His Holiness systematically diagnoses the Creed into simple questions and answers. The reader is able to take each part and have a better understanding of its meaning. The book consistes of 148 questions and answers.
His Holiness' concise and comprehensive approach helps the reader to have a practical approaches to comprehending our faith. Many people, espcially the youth, are constantly faced with questions regarding faith. Thus His Holiness takes this opportunity through the dissection of the Creed to provide hope and true understanding about our faith.
As an example, His Holiness responds as follows to the Creed being a synopsis of Christianity:
"...articles of our Holy Faith, summarized in the following:
- The Divinity of God the Father: Pantocrator, Creater of all things.
- The Divinity of God the Son: Only Begotten, begotten of the Father by Whom all things were made.
- The Divinity of the Holy Spirit: the Giver of Life Whom proceeds from the Father.
- The Attributes of the Church: One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic.
- The Mystery of the Holy Baptism for the new birth.
- The Doctrine of the Resurrection of the Dead.
- The Doctrine of the Other Life and the Coming Age. "
This book, "Coptic Orthodox Church My Faith", strengthens our faith and help us to be steadfast when questions arise. It presents the foundamentals of the Christian and church life especially in an era of questioning our beliefs.
May the blessings of the Apostles Fast and Feast be a time of for us to strengthen our faith and our services.
Bishop, Coptic Orthodox Diocese of the Southern United States